Candidate for Coös District 4 State Rep
For the people of Lancaster, Dalton & Kilkenny
- Professional Training.
- Masters Degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Organizational and Human Resource Development; Former EMT and BLS Instructor; Certified Aquatic Exercise Instructor.
- Current Employment.
- She is a Historical Tour Guide at the Mt. Washington Hotel; Screen/Web/Corporate Video/Stage Actor.
- Local Education Experience.
- Evalyn substituted in each of the SAU 36 schools in all grades. She understands many of the everyday personal challenges faced by teachers and students and has seen the value of supporting public education in the North Country.
- Community Involvement.
- • Evalyn is a long time member of Col Town Players and loves being a part of a group that brings joy to our community.
• She served on the Lancaster Zoning Board, and Weeks Medical Center Auxiliary as a member, Vice President, and President.
- Legislative Experience.
- • Evalyn served in the NH State Legislature from 2006-2012, sitting on the Health, Human Services and Elderly Affairs Committee for all six years. Her accomplishments included helping to write and pass legislation that led to Medicaid Expansion, improved access and affordability to Health Care, and provided enhanced, more accessible services for residents with disabilities and lower income. Evalyn authored and was the Prime Sponsor for the Medical Cannabis Bill that became Law when Gov. Maggie Hassan signed it in 2013. This bill makes it legal for qualified patients to use medicinal cannabis for certain medical conditions. She also co-authored and was the Prime Sponsor for the Aquatic Wetlands Mitigation Law, which assures that there are statutes in place to protect and preserve New Hampshire’s wetlands, and submerged lands.
• She has an excellent relationship with our Local, State and Federal Delegation - She can get things done on day one!
• Evalyn has a proven record of working with ALL people from all sides of the aisle, basing her actions on the needs of ALL the people she serves. She will be a voice for all of us in Concord.
• Lead efforts to pass small business tax credits for north country businesses.
• Authored legislation and built bi-partisam support leading to the legalization of medical cannabis for qualifying patients, including Veterans.
"Learn what you need to VOTE Absentee or to REGISTER to Vote!"
Understands the North Country...
She is a long term resident of Lancaster (28 yrs) and raised her two children in our community. Both graduated from WMRHS.
Why is Evalyn running?
"It's time for us to take responsibility for the future and future generations! I'm running to be the strong voice that represents Coös District 4, and the people of Lancaster, Dalton, and Kilkenny."
Her job as an Historical Tour Guide gives her many opportunities to interact with, and learn from, people from all over the world.
Let's Make A Difference !
Beauty of the North Country
We need to protect our resources.